- 1 Is it choked or chocked?
- 2 What is the full meaning of choked?
- 3 Is choked a good movie?
- 4 What is the meaning of choke U?
- 5 How do you get choked?
- 6 What do you do if you are choking on liquid?
- 7 What does an electrical choke do?
- 8 What is the ending of choked?
- 9 Why do engines choke?
- 10 What can you do to prevent choking?
- 11 What does choked mean in the English Dictionary?
- 12 Which is the best definition of choke off?
- 13 Why did I get choked at the end of the movie choked?
- 14 What does it mean when a person chokes on air?
- 15 What does choked mean?
- 16 What does ‘I choked’ mean?
- 17 What does choke mean in slang?
- 18 What does choked to death mean?
- 19 What does got choked mean?
- 20 What is choke in gaming?
- 21 What does choked up a little bit mean?
- 22 What is the biggest choke in sports history?
- 23 Why do athletes choke?
- 24 Is being choked out bad for you?
- 25 Where does choked up come from?
- 26 What does choking up on a golf club mean?
- 27 Is choked a family movie?
- 28 Who starred in choke?
- 29 What is the biggest choke in NBA history?
- 30 Who is famous for choking?
Is it choked or chocked?
While he clearly meant to write “choked,” Trump instead tweeted out a word that, according to the Urban Dictionary, is an explicit sexual slang word. The word “chocked” can also mean “to prevent the forward movement of (a wheel or vehicle) with a chock,” but that was not the definition many Twitter users picked up on.
What is the full meaning of choked?
verb (used with object), choked, chok·ing. to stop the breath of by squeezing or obstructing the windpipe; strangle; stifle. to stop by or as if by strangling or stifling: The sudden wind choked his words. to stop by filling; obstruct; clog: Grease choked the drain.
Is choked a good movie?
The Indian Express gave the film a rating of 2 out of 5 stating that, “Choked doesn’t quite live up to its premise: it has some fine elements, but the connective tissue that binds it all together is a weak stretch.” Anupama Chopra of Film Companion praised Anurag Kashyap’s ability to get good performances from the cast …
What is the meaning of choke U?
1. verb. When you choke or when something chokes you, you cannot breathe properly or get enough air into your lungs.
How do you get choked?
Choking occurs when a piece of food, an object, or a liquid blocks the throat. Children often choke as a result of placing foreign objects into their mouths. Adults can choke from breathing in fumes or eating or drinking too rapidly.
What do you do if you are choking on liquid?
Call the rescue squad (911) IMMEDIATELY. Call the rescue squad (911) immediately in all cases of choking on a solid object. In general, choking on liquids is temporary and harmless. Call the rescue squad if your child chokes on a liquid and turns blue, becomes limp, or passes out.
What does an electrical choke do?
A choke, also known as an inductor, is used to block higher-frequency while passing direct current (DC) and lower-frequencies of alternating current (AC) in an electrical circuit. The name comes from blocking, or “choking”, high frequencies while passing low frequencies.
What is the ending of choked?
Demonetisation hits the country and huge problems begin in the lives of Sarika and Sushant. Sarita realises that her neighbour Sharvari is also worried as she is unable to pay the caterers from her daughter’s wedding. All her money was now worthless.
Why do engines choke?
A choke valve/cable is designed to restrict the flow of air in the carburettor of an engine. This helps enrich the fuel-air mixture, improving the ability to start an engine in low temperature conditions. Simply put, the choke is about making more fuel available for the engine to use.
What can you do to prevent choking?
Follow these ten tips on how to avoid choking:
- Don’t offer small, hard foods to children younger than three or four years of age.
- Don’t feed slippery foods to kids under age four.
- Chop foods into small pieces.
- Watch out for sticky foods.
- Be careful with nut butters.
- Avoid propping your baby’s bottle.
What does choked mean in the English Dictionary?
To be unable to speak because of strong emotion. [Middle English choken, short for achoken, from Old English āceōcian : ā-, intensive pref. + cēoce, cēace, jaw, cheek .] American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition.
Which is the best definition of choke off?
1. The act or sound of choking. 2. a. Something that constricts or chokes. b. A slight narrowing of the barrel of a shotgun serving to concentrate the shot. 3. A device used in an internal-combustion engine to enrich the fuel mixture by reducing the flow of air to the carburetor.
Why did I get choked at the end of the movie choked?
I did get a bit choked at the end of the film. I was really choked to see her again. When he starts to speak, he sounds choked up. Who wouldn’t get choked up seeing them so happy?
What does it mean when a person chokes on air?
For other uses, see Choke (disambiguation). Choking occurs when breathing is impeded by a constricted or obstructed throat or windpipe. In some cases the air flow is completely blocked, in other cases some amount of air can pass to the lungs. Insufficient oxygen being delivered to the body will result in oxygen deprivation.
What does choked mean?
Definition of choke. (Entry 1 of 2) transitive verb. 1 : to check or block normal breathing of by compressing or obstructing the trachea or by poisoning or adulterating available air The unwary guard was choked to death by a prisoner.
What does ‘I choked’ mean?
1. to stop the breath of by squeezing or obstructing the windpipe; strangle; stifle. 2. to stop by or as if by strangling or stifling: The sudden wind choked his words. 3. to stop by filling; obstruct; clog: Grease choked the drain.
What does choke mean in slang?
choker (plural chokers) A piece of jewelry or ornamental fabric, worn as a necklace, tight to the throat. One who, or that which, chokes or strangles. One who operates the choke of an engine during ignition. (slang) Any disappointing or upsetting circumstance.
What does choked to death mean?
Medical Definition of strangle. transitive verb. 1 : to choke to death by compressing the throat with something (as a hand or rope) 2 : to obstruct seriously or fatally the normal breathing of the bone wedged in his throat and strangled him.
What does got choked mean?
Meaning of choked in English unable to speak or almost crying because of sadness or strong emotion: She tried to say a few words but found herself choked. I felt really choked up and teary. More examples.
What is choke in gaming?
CHOKE is a term used widely with the meaning “To Fail Under Pressure.” In sport and online gaming, a CHOKE is usually a defining loss of nerve that throws away what appeared to be a certain victory.
What does choked up a little bit mean?
Definition of (all) choked up : close to crying and/or having difficulty talking due to strong emotion She got all choked up when she saw her daughter in her wedding dress.
What is the biggest choke in sports history?
1993: Oilers blow 35-3 halftime lead to Bills backup quarterback. Leading by 32 points at halftime in the AFC Wild Card game, the Oilers fell asleep in the second half. Bills backup quarterback Frank Reich led the charge, as Buffalo came back to win 41-38 in overtime.
Why do athletes choke?
Athletes may choke when they over-analyse actions they usually perform naturally, have too strong a desire to preserve their image and engage in poor coping strategies. Therefore, if athletes are able to put strategies in place to overcome choking, then it is likely greater success will follow.
Is being choked out bad for you?
There is always risk of short-term memory loss, hemorrhage and harm to the retina, concussions from falling when unconscious, stroke, seizures, permanent brain damage, coma, and even death.
Where does choked up come from?
The origin is speculated to have come from machinery choking up in the early 1700’s. The French or Dutch may have used the phrase when industrialisation was booming but no solid evidence of the origin of the phrase is available today.
What does choking up on a golf club mean?
When you shorten the club, the gains that you make in control will be lost in distance. Your overall swing speed will be lowered by choking up, meaning that you won’t be able to hit the ball as far as you would making the same swing while gripping the club at the end.
Is choked a family movie?
Choked, a film written by Nihit Bhave and directed by Anurag Kashyap, is set in a housing society in Mumbai that is, quite literally, close-knit. Choked is concerned mostly with the family of three wife Sarita (Saiyami Kher), husband Sushant (Roshan Mathew) and their bright but often neglected son, Sameer.
Who starred in choke?
Choke is a 2008 American black comedy film written and directed by Clark Gregg. The film stars Sam Rockwell and Anjelica Huston.
What is the biggest choke in NBA history?
The Warriors lost the finals to the cavaliers 4-3 landing it to be the biggest choke in NBA History.
Who is famous for choking?
Tennessee Williams famously choked to death on the cap from a bottle of eye drops he frequently used. Rock star Jimi Hendrix is another famous person to choke to death. The iconic guitar player died when he famously choked to death on his vomit.