Often, the process of learning in college becomes difficult and not easy not only for students but also for their parents. This is due to the fact that when a student returns home from college, he performs homework and parents cannot ignore the fact that they have to help their child in this. Some parents help children on their own, some resort to help with homework College.
Why do students need homework in college
The results obtained in the research of the level of influence of homework on the performance of college students say the following:
- if college students whose academic performance is estimated below the average, devote weekly homework from 1 to 3 hours, their academic performance reaches the level of average students;
- if college students, whose academic performance is rated as average, devote 3 to 5 hours of homework every week, their academic performance is increased to the level of students who study perfectly.
Thus, we can say that homework plays an important role not only in the development of skills of independent performance of tasks but also in the overall performance of the student.
Homework has a number of functions:
- if a college student for reasons beyond his control missed classes, the homework will help him to align the level of knowledge and eliminate gaps in knowledge resulting from omissions;
- development of the student’s interest in the subject, prompting him to learn and learn as much new information as possible;
- development of responsibility of the student, his patience when doing homework.
Often, parents desire to maximize ease for their children pooches homework correct the admitted their mistakes, write for their essays, solve problems, and thereby deprive students of self-arriving at the homework.
Rules for homework college students
Many students and their parents are wondering how to organize the process of homework so that it not only does not tire the student but also brings a maximal benefit. Here are a few rules to be sure to follow when doing your homework:
- it is best to start homework after a short break to rest. Coming home from college, you should not immediately sit down for homework. Relax for an hour or two after class, and then start your homework;
- carefully study the contents of the homework to understand what you need to do and outline a plan of action for its implementation;
- if any notes were made during the class sessions that may be useful for homework, be sure to read it to refresh the memory of the information provided by the teacher;
- before you begin to perform a written task, you need to learn all the rules that will be useful in its implementation;
- it is best to start homework with written work and alternate it with oral tasks. Do not forget that between the tasks you need to make short breaks for rest, 10-15 minutes will be enough;
- do not forget about self-control and conduct it not only after the complete completion of homework but also directly in the process. It will help not only to detect and eliminate the mistake but also to identify its cause;
- if the homework comes across terms and language that cause difficulties and questions, be sure to use a dictionary or reference book;
- if the lesson material seemed difficult for you, then repeat it at home on the same day;
- try to start your homework every day at the same time;
if homework involves writing an essay or report, the preparation for its implementation should begin in advance, evenly distributing the load for a few days.